This trip is land, air, and sea to the tropical max. Where else can you zoom through the jungle canopy suspended on a zipline at nearly 50 mph? Or trek inland to Guatemala to unearth the treasures of Mayan ruins at Tikal and Lamanai? And once you’ve caught your breath from flying through the air, and properly observed leg day by climbing the temple stairs: sprawl out on some of the best beaches in the world, tube down a lazy river, snorkel, swim, and splash in the crystal-clear water until the Belizean sea cows come home.
In a fraternity or sorority? Become a Greek Leader & travel for free. Learn more>
What are the top highlights?
- Explore the Maya ruins of Tikal and Altun Ha
- Enjoy the relaxed Caribbean beach atmosphere of San Pedro
- Zipline and cave-tube deep in the jungle of Central America
- Snorkel off the coasts of San Pedro and Hol Chan
- Bask in the sun on a Southern Coast beach
- Keep an ear out in the rainforest for howler monkey's notorious calls
- Immerse yourself in a wide spectrum of local cultures and traditions
Your trip includes
- Round-trip flights & airport transfers
- Multilingual Tour Director & local guides
- Private motorcoach
- Ferry ride to Ambergris Caye
- 10 nights in hand-picked accommodations
- Welcome Mixer with appetizers & drinks
- Daily breakfast, Welcome Mixer, Welcome Dinner, two lunches & Farewell Dinner
- Entrances to Tikal National Park, Lamanai Archaeological Reserve & other select attractions
You’ll stay at accommodations hand-picked by our team of local experts, in rooms only for EF Ultimate Break travelers. Each property is located in a safe, convenient area. You’ll receive your exact accommodations 30 days before your trip departs.
Click **here **for examples of where you'll stay.
Admit it, booking flights is the worst. Here's why you should let us do it for you:
- Flight costs are included in your monthly payment plan, so you can pay over time
- Airport transfers are included, so we’ll be waiting, sign in hand
- Flights are booked with major airlines
- 24/7 support no matter what time zone you’re in
- One checked bag included on most flights
- Option to make changes to your trip up to 99 days before departure
Booking with a friend? Let us know and we’ll do our best to make sure you’re on the same flight. Still want to book your own flights? That’s cool, simply select ‘No flights included’ instead of your departure city in the ‘Flights from’ dropdown.
Day 1: Arrive In Belize
Welcome to Belize! Home to Mayan ruins, monkeys, and most importantly: you for the next 11 days! Get situated, get properly sun-screened, and get ready for the trip of a lifetime.
- Land at the airport and meet a waiting EF representative.
- Transfer to your hotel to check in and check out your room.
- Get familiar with the area around your hotel with an introductory walk with your Tour Director in Belize City.
In the evening, it’s time for your Welcome Mixer. Enjoy some appetizers over drinks with fellow travelers at an authentic local spot. Then it’s on to wherever your new friends and the party takes you.
Day 2: Explore the Mayan Ruins at Lamanai
Find out today why Lamanai, home to 3,000+ year-old Mayan pyramids, translates to “submerged crocodile.” Hint: it’s in the architecture. Experience the ruins of a once-thriving city in the Belizean jungle and see what Pre-Columbian life was like for the indigenous peoples of Central America.
- Cruise through the New River Lagoon en route to Lamanai, keeping an eye out for crocs.
- Immerse yourself in Mayan life as you explore temples, homes, and recreational sites at Lamanai with a local expert.
- Head back to Belize City for dinner and some relaxation after a full day of playing archaeologist.
Day 3: Travel to Ambergris Caye + Optional San Pedro Food Tour
Get out of the jungle and into the great blue beyond as you travel to Ambergris Caye. Belize’s largest island is a jumping off point for the coral reefs you’ll snorkel at tomorrow. For now, enjoy the island paradise and relax.
- Trade the green Belizean jungle for azure seas on your ferry ride to Ambergris Caye.
- Enjoy Ambergris Caye’s sunny vibes the way the locals do—blissfully.
Belize Food Tour(extra cost)
Saying Belizean food is just rice and beans is like saying American food is just French fries. Sure, we love them, but they’re merely a side dish within a deeply exciting cuisine. Sample salbutes (sort of like tacos), fry jacks (sort of like fried dough), and learn about how Mayan cuisine (sort of amazing) seeped its way into the vibrant foods Belizeans eat. After this experience, you’re doomed to wander your hometown looking for a bite of anything that will remind you of this delicious day.
Why wait? Save money by booking this optional excursion before your trip departs.
Day 4: Snorkeling at Hol Chan & Shark Ray Alley
Make an expedition to the warm waters of Hol Chan off of Ambergris Caye. After a quick lesson in the art of snorkeling, dive on in and join a guide for an astounding underwater experience among a spectacular array of marine life.
- Glide past the colorful coral formations that Belize is known for as you snorkel through the world’s second largest barrier reef.
- See turtles, nurse sharks, sting rays, jacks, tarpon, and many other marine species as you share the warm waters of Shark Ray Alley.
Day 5: Travel to San Ignacio via Belize City
Dry off from yesterday’s water party and head into inner-Belize. San Ignacio is the pastel-colored gateway to the Guatemalan rainforest. Enjoy the friendly small town atmosphere for the day.
San Ignacio, today’s destination, is the gateway city to jungle and adventure.
- Gawk at the Belizean countryside as you venture inward towards Guatemala.
- Arrive in San Ignacio and chill out at the edge of the jungle.
Day 6: Explore the Mayan Ruins of Guatemala
Welcome to the jungle! Tikal, Guatemala once rivaled Ancient Rome in size and splendor. Today you’ll explore its impressive Maya temples, ball courts and the many excavated buildings that housed over 100,000 people.
- Wake up to the sounds of the jungle in San Ignacio.
- Collect another passport stamp as you enter Guatemala.
- Join a local guide for an in-depth tour of Tikal’s six magnificent ancient pyramids.
- Fuel back up with an included lunch—much needed after climbing the 221 feet to the top of Temple IV.
Day 7: Ziplining & Cave Tubing on the Southern Coast
Trade in archaeology for adrenaline today on the Southern Coast of Belize. You’re in for a heart pumping helping of ziplining, a mellow dose of lazy river cave tubing, and plenty of beach time.
- Give a hearty howler monkey goodbye to the rainforest as you board your bus headed for the coast.
- Reach speeds of nearly 50mph cruising above the canopy on a zipline.
- Slow down with a lazy river float through a wild series of sacred Mayan caves.
- Feast on an included barbeque lunch—feel free to nap off the food coma later on the beach.
Day 8: Free Day on the Southern Coast + Optional Sunset Cruise
Be free today to do Belize your way. You have the beach at your fingertips and your new BFFs to share it with. Take it easy on the Southern Coast all day and all night.
Free Time Suggestions
Belizean Cuisine: The food in Belize is a bit like Mexican food, but with a unique twist from Mayan, Garifuna, Kriol and other cultures. The result is fabulous, and you must be sure to try ceviche, conch fritters, fry jacks, or anything that looks tasty to you!
Beach Time: Grab a book, download a podcast, order a cold drink, and plop yourself down on the golden sand for the day. Be sure to flip over once in awhile for even tanning.
Day 9: Beach Day, Boat Cruise & Snorkeling at Turneffe Atoll
Much like eating potato chips, once you’ve had a bit of Belize’s natural beauty, you crave so much more of it. Luckily, you’ll get your fix today with a visit to Turneffe Atoll, where immaculate coral islands and over 500 species of fish await.
- Step aboard your private boat and enjoy the sights of the Caribbean Sea on the ride to Turneffe Atoll.
- Get in there and show off your new snorkeling skills amongst the friendly fish.
- Beach it up when you get back to shore.
Day 10: Return to Belize City + Farewell Dinner
After a wonderful time on the Southern Coast, it’s time to return to Belize City for one final day in paradise. Spend your bus ride scheduling your “take me back to Belize” Instagram posts, and swapping numbers with the friends you made on the trip before one final dinner together.
- Make a pit stop in the vibrant seaside town of Dangriga en route to Belize City.
Share some last laughs and revisit the best moments of the trip at this included farewell dinner with the group.
Day 11: Fly Home
Your next destination awaits—home. Before you head to the airport, make sure to take one more group photo and grab that final drink. But this isn’t goodbye because you can always get the gang back together for another trip soon. Or if you’re feeling adventurous, we have a couple ways to keep your vacation going.
EXTEND YOUR TRIP 2 WAYS
1. Double the fun
A lot of our trips line up back to back! Give us a call—we can help you add another and save big while you're at it.
2. Go ahead or stay behind
Extending your trip is easy! During checkout, you'll have the option to fly to (or from) the gateway of your choice for an additional fee. We'll adjust your flights accordingly, but you'll be responsible to take care of your transportation, hotels, and other logistics outside of tour.
Note: Depending on your desired gateways, additional fees may apply.