Greeks to Greece: Paris & Florence9 Days • 2 Cities
There are few things more romantic than nighttime in Paris, or a sunset over Florence. A champagne-flavored chocolate shaped like a rose comes close, but still can’t hold a vanilla-scented candle to these two cities. Which is why we decided to combine French elegance with Italian charm to create this 9-day trip. See some of Europe’s most iconic structures, sample exquisite cheeses and pasta (perhaps even together), and gaze upon the finest masterpieces of the Renaissance. Drink in the sights, sounds, and smells of this trip—they go down like a fine glass of chianti.
What are the top highlights?
- Watch the Eiffel Tower sparkle at night with a glass (or box) of wine in the Champ de Mars
- Float past Paris’ most iconic landmarks on the Seine River
- Hear the bells toll in the Notre Dame Cathedral
- Step into the Renaissance in Florence
- Visit a guy named David and witness the Birth of Venus in Florence
- Indulge in Italian food and wine while taking in the bustling Florentine cityscape
Your trip includes
- Round-trip flights & airport transfers
- Multilingual Tour Director & local guides
- Private deluxe motorcoach
- 7 nights in hand-picked accommodations
- Welcome Mixer with appetizers & drinks
- Daily breakfast & three-course Farewell Dinner
- Metro passes in each major city
- Entrance to select attractions
You’ll stay at accommodations hand-picked by our team of local experts, in rooms only for EF Ultimate Break travelers. Each property is located in a safe, convenient area. You’ll receive your exact accommodations 30 days before your trip departs.
Click **here **for examples of where you'll stay.
Admit it, booking flights is the worst. Here's why you should let us do it for you:
- Flight costs are included in your monthly payment plan, so you can pay over time
- Airport transfers are included, so we’ll be waiting, sign in hand
- Flights are booked with major airlines
- 24/7 support no matter what time zone you’re in
- One checked bag included on most flights
- Option to make changes to your trip up to 99 days before departure
Booking with a friend? Let us know and we’ll do our best to make sure you’re on the same flight. Still want to book your own flights? That’s cool, simply select ‘No flights included’ instead of your departure city in the ‘Flights from’ dropdown.
Day 1: Overnight Flight
Board your overnight flight, bound for Paris. This one of a kind city awaits, as does its rich culture, Instagram-worthy landmarks, and mouth-watering cuisine. Dream of macarons and champagne, and try not to drool on your neck pillow.
Day 2: Arrive in Paris
Welcome to Paris! Home to over 1,800 monuments, 450 parks and gardens, 170 museums, and more delicious crepes than your taste buds can handle. This iconic, romantic city is begging to be explored.
- Land at the airport and meet a waiting EF representative.
- Transfer to your hotel to check in and check out your room.
- Get familiar with the area around your hotel with an introductory walk with your Tour Director.
In the evening, it’s time for our Welcome Mixer. Enjoy appetizers and drinks with fellow travelers at an authentic local spot. Afterwards, take the party elsewhere.
Day 3: Tour de Paris
Explore the city of love, light, and haute couture with a local guide. If you come across a Statue of Liberty, don’t be alarmed—the champagne hasn’t gone to your head, Paris is actually home to multiple replicas, one of which faces her sister from another mister that stands in New York.
- Get the inside scoop on Parisian culture and try to understand why this high-end, fashion forward city likes to snack on snails.
- Stand in awe of the Arc de Triomphe, which stands in honor of those who fought in the French Revolution.
- Hop on a Seine cruise and float past Notre Dame Cathedral. (Keep a lookout for the Hunchback.)
- Stand in awe in front of the Eiffel Tower as the lights sparkle against the night. Pro tip: this happens every hour on the hour.
Free Time Suggestions
The Louvre: Paris is home to some of the world’s most incredible art collections. Admire the Venus de Milo at the Louvre or check out modern art and the insides of a clock tower at Musee d’Orsay.
Montmarte: Head to Montmartre, a neighborhood filled with street art, incredible views overlooking the city, and the famous Sacré Cœur Cathedral. Home to, and inspiration for artists like Picasso, van Gogh, Matisse, Dali, and Monet, this is the perfect place to take a stroll and admire a more authentic side of Paris.
Day 4: Free Day in Paris or Optional Versailles Excursion
What’s better than a free day in Paris? Trick question: Nothing. Put your navigational skills to the test and make your way to some of the city’s best-known sites. Or, put your sense of smell to the test and follow your nose to the nearest bakery. Then, get into a royal state of mind on an optional excursion to Versailles, and ask the Hall of Mirrors who is the fairest of them all (it’s you, duh).
- Wander the romantic streets carrying a giant baguette, because you can.
- Stroll across the oldest bridge in Paris, Pont Neuf, which translates to “New Bridge,” because sometimes life doesn’t make sense.
- Visit the Père-Lachaise, a cemetery where iconic celebrities including Chopin, Jim Morrison, and Oscar Wilde are buried.
Free Time Suggestions
Latin Quarter: Explore the Latin Quarter of Paris to get a feel for Paris’s bohemian culture and lively nightlife atmosphere.
Jardin du Luxembourg: Kick back in Jardin du Luxembourg, a garden in the 6th arrondissement of Paris, and breathe in the lush flowers and historic statues. Well, don't breathe in the statues. Those are for looking at.
Take a private motor coach to the over-the-top palace of Louis XIV. Not far from Paris, this is where French royalty reveled in their extravagant lifestyle in the decades before the Revolution. At one point, a thousand nobles were attended by 4,000 servants inside the palace, while 15,000 soldiers and servants lived in the annexes. Walk through the landscaped gardens, tour the State Apartments of the King and the Queen, and see the Hall of Mirrors.
Please note: This excursion must be booked at least 45 days prior to tour departure.
Day 5: Travel to Florence
Hope you crammed in your fair share of crepes, because today you’re headed to Florence: where the carb of choice is pasta, the fashion is high, and the sightseeing is exquisite. Ask yourself, “Is that love in the air? Or just the smell of artisanal wines and cheeses?” Either way, get excited.
- Board a quick flight from Paris to Florence, or as the locals call it: Firenze.
- Drool at the sight of the Duomo at sunset, a medieval miracle in architecture still astounding to this day.
- Put panoramic mode on your phone camera to good use at Piazzale Michelangelo, offering a sweeping view of the Florentine skyline (and a stunning backdrop for a glass of wine).
Day 6: Tour Florence
You’ve got a full day in the beautiful city of Florence. Join a local guide as you walk to some of the most famous sights in the city while taking mental notes of the best smelling restaurants you pass for later. After all, it is Italy and food is kind of a big deal.
- Take note of the Piazza della Signoria, home of the Uffizi Galleryand the world’s most famous nude man, Michelangelo’s David.
- March your way across the Ponte Vecchio, a medieval stone bridge with shops built along it (formerly butchers, now jewelers and souvenir shops).
- Visit the final resting place of some of the most illustrious Italians such as Michelangelo, Galileo, and Machiavelli at the Basilica di Santa Croce.
Day 7: Free Day in Florence or Optional Tuscan Wine Tasting
Whether you taste-test your way through the cafes, get lost on purpose in the lively piazzas, or spend hours soaking up Renaissance history in the various museums, your free day in Florence is sure to be a good one! Especially if you top it off with a glass (or bottle) of Chianti.
Free Time Suggestions
Hike San Miniato al Monte: Snap the perfect picture of Florence’s skyline after hiking up to San Miniato al Monte. No filter needed.
Shop Florence: The area between Ponte Vecchio and the Duomo is ideal for fashionistas and foodies alike.
Tuscan Wine Tasting(extra cost)
Note: This excursion is seasonal and only runs from October through April. Availability is subject to your tour’s departure date.
Some of the world’s best wines come from Tuscany, and now you get to sample the local product at a scenic winery. Who knows, you might even become a connoisseur. Next head to the town of San Gimignano, aptly known as the “City of Beautiful Towers.” The small medieval walled city is not only a UNESCO World Heritage Site, it’s also home to Gelateria di Piazza, named one of Lonely Planet’s top 10 best food hot spots in the world. That’s some tasty gelato.
Why wait? Save money by booking this optional excursion before your trip departs.
Day 8: Free Day in Florence + Farewell Dinner
So it has come to this, your final day in Florence. But it isn’t ciao just yet. You have a full day to chase your ciabatta-scented dreams through the winding streets of the Tuscan capital. Then, cap off your culture-drenched week with a goodbye feast with some good company.
Free Time Suggestions
Pitti Palace: Pitti Palace once housed the dukes of Tuscany and their extensive art collections. These days the dukes are gone but the art remains. Be sure to check out the statues in Boboli Gardens out back.
Vivoli Gelateria: Would it really be a trip to Italy without gelato? The answer is no. Vivoli Gelateria is the local institution to go to for this frozen treat.
Share some laughs and any stories you may have missed along the way at this included farewell dinner with the group.
Day 9: Fly Home
Translation: Goodbye, friends. Before you head to the airport, make sure to take one more group photo and grab that final drink. But this isn’t goodbye because you can always get the gang back together for another trip soon. Or if you’re feeling adventurous, we have a couple ways to keep your vacation going.
EXTEND YOUR TRIP 2 WAYS
1. Double the fun
Many of our trips line up back to back. Give us a call and we’ll help you add another destination—and save big while you’re at it.
2. Go ahead or stay behind
Extending your trip is easy. During checkout, you’ll have the option to fly to (or from) the gateway of your choice for a $30 fee. We’ll adjust your flights accordingly, but you’ll be responsible to take care of your transportation, hotels, and other logistics outside the tour.
Note: Depending on your desired gateways, additional fees may apply.
No reviews (yet) for this awesome trip