Stand anywhere in Iceland, and we guarantee you’re in for a view that will knock your wool socks off—and blow your Instagram followers away. We’re talking magical waterfalls, black sand beaches, staggering geysers, and even active freakin’ volcanos. If that weren’t enough, there are fairytale villages, some of the world’s happiest people, and potentially (um, definitely) haunted houses. Get ready to put on your pointiest Viking helmet, tramp across the country’s most magnificent formations, and, of course, finish it all off at the Blue Lagoon.
What are the top highlights?
- Travel around the Golden Circle, stopping at the Great Geysir, Thingvellir National Park, and Gulfoss
- Discover firsthand what makes the Blue Lagoon so blue
- Walk along a black sand beach in Vík
- Take in stories of rainbows, gold, and other Icelandic folktales at Skogafoss waterfall
- Try traditional Icelandic food like fermented shark or sheep’s head, if you’re feeling brave
- Experience the vibrant art and music scene in Reykjavík city
Your trip includes
- Round-trip flights & airport transfers
- Multilingual Tour Director & local guides
- Private deluxe motorcoach
- 4 nights in hand-picked accommodations
- Daily breakfast, Welcome Mixer & Farewell Dinner
- Guided sightseeing around the country
- Entrance to select attractions
You’ll stay at accommodations hand-picked by our team of local experts, in rooms only for EF Ultimate Break travelers. Each property is located in a safe, convenient area. You’ll receive your exact accommodations 30 days before your trip departs.
Click **here **for examples of where you'll stay.
Admit it, booking flights is the worst. Here's why you should let us do it for you:
- Flight costs are included in your monthly payment plan, so you can pay over time
- Airport transfers are included, so we’ll be waiting, sign in hand
- Flights are booked with major airlines
- 24/7 support no matter what time zone you’re in
- One checked bag included on most flights
- Option to make changes to your trip up to 99 days before departure
Booking with a friend? Let us know and we’ll do our best to make sure you’re on the same flight. Still want to book your own flights? That’s cool, simply select ‘No flights included’ instead of your departure city in the ‘Flights from’ dropdown.
Day 1: Overnight Flight
Sit back, relax, and pass the time on your overnight flight to Iceland by attempting to pronounce ‘vaðlaheiðarvegavinnuverkfærageymsluskúraútidyralyklakippuhringur,’ AKA the longest word in Icelandic.
Day 2: Explore Reykjavík
Welcome to Iceland, the "Land of Fire and Ice,” and the home of active volcanoes, striking glaciers, really tall people descended from Vikings, and really tiny horses.
- Land at the airport and meet a waiting EF representative.
- Transfer to your hotel to check in and check out your room.
- Get familiar with Reykjavik with an introductory walk with your Tour Director including Hofoi House and the Old Town Center
In the evening, it’s time for your Welcome Mixer. Enjoy some appetizers over drinks with fellow travelers at an authentic local spot. Then it’s on to wherever your new friends and the party takes you.
Free Time Suggestions
Hallgrímskirkja Church Tower**:** Visit the Hallgrímskirkja church observation tower for an unbelievable aerial view of Reykjavík and the surrounding mountains.
Micro Bar**:** For the best craft beer in the city, look no further than Micro Bar, with 5-10 Icelandic beers always on draft.
The Hot Dog Stand**:** Icelanders love hot dogs. Hit either Bæjarins Beztu Pylsur, or the simply named Hot Dog Stand, and get a lamb hot dog with everything: raw onions, fried onions, ketchup, sweet mustard, and a mayo remoulade sauce.
Day 3: Experience the Golden Circle
Travel the Golden Circle, a route that hits Iceland’s most magnificent natural wonders. Is there a waterfall? Yep. Geysers? Multiple. The meeting point of continental plates? Of course.
- Walk between two continents at Thingvellir National Park, the boundary between the North American and the Eurasian tectonic plates.
- Explore the Great Geysir Geothermal Area, and watch the Great Strokkur geyser erupt like Diet Coke and Mentos.
- Discover Gullfoss, better known as the "Golden Waterfall,” a natural wonder and one of the most powerful waterfalls in Europe.
Day 4: Explore the South Coast
Set your sights to the south coast, a lowland region of striking waterfalls, glaciers, and volcanoes. To anyone attempting to pronounce them, we salute you.
- Find out what's really on the other side of a waterfall by actually standing behind the powerful Seljalandsfoss waterfall.
- Explore Skogafoss waterfall—where, according to legend, a Viking settler left some treasure here around the year 900.
- View the Eyjafjallajökull volcano, which erupts once every few hundred years—don’t worry, you’ll be seeing it from a distance
- Stick your feet in the rich black sand, gawk at the giant basalt columns, and generally peak at Reynisfjara beach.
Day 5: Blue Lagoon + Farewell Dinner
Get ready to feel relaxed, refreshed, and rejuvenated at the famous Blue Lagoon geothermal spa. Plus, it’s your last day to cross off any remaining bucket list items. Time to get lagoon-ing!
- Float weightlessly in the warm, light-blue waters.
- Remember to bring cucumbers for when you lather on a silica mud mask.
- Sweat it out with friends in the sauna or steam rooms.
- Kick back and take in the view from the relaxation area.
Free Time Suggestions
National Museum of Iceland**:** Visit the National Museum of Iceland and trace the history of the Icelandic nation from the Viking settlements to the present day.
Fermented shark**:** Feeling brave? Fermented shark is one of Iceland’s national dishes, and is a must-try for the adventurous foodies out there. Be warned, it’s an all out assault on your nostrils, but apparently doesn’t taste as bad as it smells. Good luck!
Share some last laughs and revisit the best moments of the trip at this included farewell dinner with the group.
Day 6: Fly Home
Translation: Goodbye, friends. Before you head to the airport, make sure to take one more group photo and grab that final drink. But this isn’t goodbye because you can always get the gang back together for another trip soon. Or if you’re feeling adventurous, we have a couple ways to keep your vacation going.
EXTEND YOUR TRIP 2 WAYS
1. Double the fun
Many of our trips line up back to back. Give us a call and we’ll help you add another destination—and save big while you’re at it.
2. Go ahead or stay behind
Extending your trip is easy. During checkout, you’ll have the option to fly to (or from) the gateway of your choice for a $30 fee. We’ll adjust your flights accordingly, but you’ll be responsible to take care of your transportation, hotels, and other logistics outside the tour.
Note: Depending on your desired gateways, additional fees may apply.
No reviews (yet) for this awesome trip51