New Year's in London: England, Scotland & Ireland15 Days • 6 Cities New Year's in London: England, Scotland & Ireland
Ring in the New Year with castles, pubs, and Harry Potter sites galore in the United Kingdom and Ireland's premier cities. Pair this party with a medley of small towns and booming metropolises, and you have the makings for an unforgettable adventure on the British Isles...and a perfect beginning to your New Year.
What are the top highlights?
- Celebrate New Year's Eve in London
- See Big Ben and Westminster Abbey from 443 feet high on the London Eye
- Escape to the cozy cafe where J.K. Rowling penned her story of a young wizard
- Pour the perfect pint of Guinness while overlooking Dublin’s skyline
- Make friends with locals and enjoy live music in the pubs of Ireland and Scotland
- Visit Shakespeare’s birthplace and childhood home, Stratford-Upon-Avon
- Stand in awe at the Cliffs of Moher, 700 feet above the Atlantic
Your trip includes
- Round-trip flights & airport transfers
- Multilingual Tour Director & local guides
- Private deluxe motorcoach
- Ferry between Liverpool & Dublin
- 13 nights in hand-picked accommodations
- Welcome Mixer with appetizers & drinks
- Daily breakfast & three-course Farewell Dinner
- Metro passes for London & Dublin
- Entrance to Edinburgh Castle, Guinness Storehouse & other select attractions
You’ll stay at accommodations hand-picked by our team of local experts, in rooms only for EF Ultimate Break travelers. Each property is located in a safe, convenient area. You’ll receive your exact accommodations 30 days before your trip departs.
Click **here **for examples of where you'll stay.
Admit it, booking flights is the worst. Here's why you should let us do it for you:
- Flight costs are included in your monthly payment plan, so you can pay over time
- Airport transfers are included, so we’ll be waiting, sign in hand
- Flights are booked with major airlines
- 24/7 support no matter what time zone you’re in
- One checked bag included on most flights
- Option to make changes to your trip up to 99 days before departure
Booking with a friend? Let us know and we’ll do our best to make sure you’re on the same flight. Still want to book your own flights? That’s cool, simply select ‘No flights included’ instead of your departure city in the ‘Flights from’ dropdown.
Day 1: Overnight Flight
Board your overnight flight, bound for Europe.
Day 2: Arrive in Edinburgh + Welcome Mixer
Welcome to Scotland! Meet your Tour Director at the airport upon your arrival. Board your private transfer to your accommodation; the day is yours to explore.
Free Time Suggestions
- Stroll the historic Royal Mile and enjoy views of Edinburgh Castle
- Taste local dishes (like haggis) in a traditional Scottish pub
- Savor Scotch whiskies at a distillery
In the evening, it’s time for your Welcome Mixer. Enjoy appetizers and drinks with fellow travelers.
Day 3: Tour Edinburgh + Free time
Get an in-depth look at Scottish history and modern day life with a guided sightseeing tour of Edinburgh.
- View the Scottish Crown Jewels in Edinburgh Castle
- Walk the Great Hall and see the armor, swords and medieval decor that line the walls
- Visit the Elephant House Cafe, where the first Harry Potter book was written
After your tour, the afternoon is free to explore on your own.
Day 4: Travel to York
Next stop, York. Board your private coach and set off to the medieval, walled city.
- Visit Durham and see its impressive castle, a UNESCO World Heritage Site
- Use free time to try a traditional pub lunch, or browse Durham Market for unique crafts or local snacks
- Arrive in the city of York and spend your evening exploring the twisting streets with your Tour Director
Day 5: Travel to London via Cambridge
It’s time to board your coach and head to regal London. There will be plenty to do upon arrival, but first, stop in the historic college town of Cambridge, birthplace of scientific revelations and beautiful architectural marvels.
- Explore Cambridge, alma mater of Stephen Hawking, Sacha Baron Cohen, Charles Darwin and royal siblings William and Harry
- Enjoy a pub lunch and pint at your leisure in Eagles Pub, where the discovery of DNA structure was first announced
- Arrive in London and walk through famous areas like Trafalgar Square and Leicester Square before enjoying a free evening
Day 6: Tour London + New Year's Eve Celebration
Experience London’s most iconic sites with a local guide for a walking and coach tour of the city.
- See Big Ben, the Houses of Parliament and Westminster Abbey, all the while hearing about their unique stories from your local guide
- Learn how to tell if the Queen is home at Buckingham Palace
- Check out the medieval Tower of London juxtaposed against the modern cityscape
New Year’s Eve
Celebrate New Year's Eve in London! Join forces with other Ultimate Break groups in the area, and count down to New Year's in style—with dinner, drinks, and a toast at midnight—in a private venue. Stay late, or head out on the town for more fun and fireworks.
Day 7: Free Day in London + London Eye and River Cruise (Optional)
The world is your Oyster Card! Your metro pass is included, so enjoy a full free day to explore London. Looking for a new perspective? See the city by boat and by giant ferris wheel during an optional excursion.
Free Time Suggestions
- Marvel at the Crown Jewels, see what was once the Royal Menagerie and learn about the darker history that took place in the Tower of London
- Test your fear of heights at the Tower Bridge glass walkway
- Harry Potter fans: Take a selfie at Platform 9 ¾ in St. Pancras Station
London Eye & River Cruise(extra cost)
If you’re going to see London, see it properly: from air and sea. Fly high on the London Eye: Europe’s tallest Ferris wheel, providing panoramic views of all the iconic landmarks, including The Shard, The Gherkin & The Banana (okay, maybe we made that last one up). Afterwards, sail down the River Thames with tea & crumpets. Take in the local flavours & colours, and realize that you love London so much you’ve started spelling words the British way.
Why wait? Save money by booking this optional excursion before your trip departs.
Day 8: Fly to Belfast
Say goodbye to London and head to the airport for your short afternoon flight to Belfast, Northern Ireland, birthplace of the Titanic and filming location for Game of Thrones. Upon arrival, take the rest of your day to explore on your own..
Free Time Suggestions
- Admire the street murals scattered throughout Belfast, which tell the stories of The Troubles
- See the music of Belfast come to life. Walk in Van Morrison’s steps, seek out live music in a bar or check out a free jazz performance on the weekend at St. George’s Market
- Pick a pub, any pub. Get a taste of the nightlife in Belfast in a cozy pub featuring live music, beer and great conversation
Day 9: Tour Belfast + Titanic Museum
Explore the best of Belfast with a local guide, learning about history, conflicts and RMS Titanic.
- Visit the Titanic Museum, featuring nine interactive exhibits highlighting the construction of the ship and its maiden voyage
- Pass the River Lagan and dockyards where the Titanic was built
- Hear the historic narrative of The Troubles, a period of violent conflict in the late 20th century
- Admire the architecture of the House of Parliament, Grand Opera House and City Hall, while learning about their impact on Northern Ireland
The remainder of the day is yours to explore on your own. Try these free time suggestions or embark on an adventure of your own:
- Grab lunch at St. George’s Market, featuring over 100 stalls of food, antiques and other knick-knacks
- Take a paranormal tour of the Crumlin Road Gaol, the only Victorian-era prison remaining in Northern Ireland, which closed in 1996.
- Step into Westeros and experience Game of Thrones filming locations in the Titanic Studios, or venture out of the city center for on-location sets
Day 10: Travel to Dublin
On to Dublin! Board your private coach en route to Ireland’s capital city.
- Drive to Dublin, then take an introductory walk of the area with your Tour Director
- Walk Ireland’s premier shopping area, Grafton Street
- Grab a pint in the Temple Bar District, the nightlife hotspot full of pubs
From here, the night is yours to adventure on your own.
Day 11: Tour Dublin
See Dublin’s major highlights and historical sites on a walking and bus tour with a local guide.
- Visit St. Patrick’s Cathedral, the largest church in Ireland
- Drive through Phoenix Park
- Pour your perfect pint in the Guinness Storehouse (and get a certificate upon completion to prove your mastery)
- Enjoy your brew while overlooking the Dublin skyline from Gravity Bar at the top of the Storehouse
Day 12: Free Day in Dublin
Embark on an adventure of your own on a full free day in Dublin. There is plenty to see, do, taste and explore in Ireland’s capital city.
Free Time Suggestions
- Visit the Trinity College Library and see the most famous ancient Irish manuscript, the Book of Kells
- Tour Kilmainham Gaol and learn about the enormous prison that housed political prisoners during the Irish Revolution
- Immerse yourself in the pub culture in the Temple Bar District; grab a pint and chat up a local
Day 13: Travel to Galway + Whiskey Distillery
Hop aboard your private coach en route to Galway. home to the Claddagh, wooly sweaters and one of the few places where Gaelic is the prominent language. Enchantment is imminent.
- Behold the rolling greenery as you drive through the Irish countryside en route to Galway
- Stop at a whiskey distillery along the way and sample authentic Irish whiskeys
- Arrive in Galway in the early evening for an introductory walk with your Tour Director
From here, the night is yours. Grab a pint in a pub on Quay Street, dance to live Irish music or wander the cobblestone streets of Eyre Square, the city center of Galway.
Day 14: Explore the Cliffs of Moher + Farewell Dinner
Take a drive along the Wild Atlantic Way to the Cliffs of Moher, whose rocky cliffs date back 300 million years. Absorb the natural beauty, the greenery and the misty, salty air atop of Ireland’s most impressive precipice.
- Board your private coach en route to Ireland’s most visited natural attraction, the Cliffs of Moher
- Arrive in the early afternoon and take in the panoramic vistas of the Cliffs and their 700 ft. drop into the Atlantic. On a clear day, you can see straight across to the Aran Islands
- After an afternoon at the Cliffs, head back to Galway for your last night in Galway
Return from your adventure in the evening and get ready for your Farewell Dinner. Enjoy a final meal together before departing for home tomorrow morning.
Day 15: Fly Home
Slán libh, a cháirde!
Translation: Goodbye, friends. Your next destination awaits—home. Before you head to the airport, enjoy your last few moments together. Take one more group photo. Grab that final drink. (Fine, maybe a couple of drinks.) But this isn’t goodbye. It’s “See you later.” The only question is, where?
EXTEND YOUR TRIP 2 WAYS
1. Double the fun
A lot of our trips line up back to back! Give us a call—we can help you add another and save big while you're at it.
2. Go ahead or stay behind
Extending your trip is easy! During checkout, you'll have the option to fly to (or from) the gateway of your choice for an additional fee. We'll adjust your flights accordingly, but you'll be responsible to take care of your transportation, hotels, and other logistics outside of tour.
Note: Depending on your desired gateways, additional fees may apply.
No reviews (yet) for this awesome trip