New Year's in London: Dublin & London Escape8 Days • 2 Cities New Year's in London: Dublin & London Escape
Escape across the pond to Dublin and London for a pint-sized New Year's getaway. Taste the difference of a perfectly poured Guinness, wave hello to the Queen in Buckingham Palace, and go from pubs to clubs to experience some of Europe’s most raved-about nightlife.
What are the top highlights?
- Celebrate New Year's Eve in London
- Pour the perfect pint of Guinness while overlooking Dublin’s skyline
- Take in the castles and rolling green hills of Ireland’s countryside
- Make friends with locals and enjoy live music in Ireland’s pub scene
- See Big Ben and Westminster Abbey from 443 feet high on the London Eye
- Go for high tea before catching the Changing the Guard at Buckingham Palace
- Experience the nightlife of Piccadilly Circus, London’s Times Square
Your trip includes
- Round-trip flights & airport transfers
- Tour Director & local guides
- Private deluxe motorcoach
- Flight from Dublin to London
- 6 nights in hand-picked accommodations
- Welcome Mixer with appetizers & drinks
- Daily breakfast & three-course Farewell Dinner
- Metro pass in London
- Entrance to the Guinness Storehouse, St. Patrick's Cathedral & other select attractions
You’ll stay at accommodations hand-picked by our team of local experts, in rooms only for EF Ultimate Break travelers. Each property is located in a safe, convenient area. You’ll receive your exact accommodations 30 days before your trip departs.
Click **here **for examples of where you'll stay.
Admit it, booking flights is the worst. Here's why you should let us do it for you:
- Flight costs are included in your monthly payment plan, so you can pay over time
- Airport transfers are included, so we’ll be waiting, sign in hand
- Flights are booked with major airlines
- 24/7 support no matter what time zone you’re in
- One checked bag included on most flights
- Option to make changes to your trip up to 99 days before departure
Booking with a friend? Let us know and we’ll do our best to make sure you’re on the same flight. Still want to book your own flights? That’s cool, simply select ‘No flights included’ instead of your departure city in the ‘Flights from’ dropdown.
Day 1: Overnight Flight
Leave your shamrocks and leprechaun jokes at home, and board your overnight flight, bound for Ireland. You’re about to discover the true allure of the Emerald Isle (and it’s not gemstones).
Day 2: Arrive in Dublin
Welcome to Dublin, the quaint, cobblestoned center of commerce in Ireland! You’ll be enchanted by charm pouring from every street.
- Arrive in Dublin and explore the area with your Tour Director
- See the highlights like Grafton Street and the Temple Bar District, the hotspots for entertainment and nightlife
In the evening, it’s time for your Welcome Mixer. Head to a local spot to enjoy appetizers and drinks with fellow travelers.
Day 3: Tour Dublin
See Dublin’s major highlights and historical sites on a walking and bus tour with a local guide.
- Visit St. Patrick’s Cathedral, the largest church in Ireland
- Drive through Phoenix Park
- Pour your perfect pint in the Guinness Storehouse (and get a certificate upon completion to prove your mastery)
- Enjoy your brew while overlooking the Dublin skyline from Gravity Bar at the top of the Storehouse
Day 4: Free Day in Dublin
Enjoy a full free day to explore Dublin on your own.
Free Time Suggestions
- Visit the Trinity College Library and see the most famous ancient Irish manuscript, the Book of Kells
- Tour Kilmainham Gaol and learn about the enormous prison that housed political prisoners during the Irish Revolution
- Immerse yourself in the pub culture in the Temple Bar District; grab a pint and chat up a local
Day 5: Travel to London + New Year's Eve Celebration
Say goodbye to Ireland; you’re off to London! Experience the most iconic sights with a local guide for a walking and coach tour of the city.
- See Big Ben, the House of Parliament and Westminster Abbey, all the while hearing about their unique stories from your local guide
- Learn how to tell if the Queen is home at Buckingham Palace
- Check out the medieval Tower of London juxtaposed against the modern cityscape
New Year’s Eve
Celebrate New Year's Eve in London! Join forces with other Ultimate Break groups in the area, and count down to New Year's in style—with dinner, drinks, and a toast at midnight—in a private venue. Stay late, or head out on the town for more fun and fireworks.
Day 6: Free Day in London + London Eye and River Cruise (Optional)
Rise and shine, party people. Come back to life with a classic English Breakfast (or two). The day is yours to explore the city at your own pace. Hydrate and go! Looking for a different perspective? See the city by boat and by giant ferris wheel during an optional excursion.
Free Time Suggestions:
- Embrace the crowds and flashing advertisements of Piccadilly Circus, one of London’s busiest squares
- Stroll the River Thames and spot icons like the London Eye and Westminster Abbey
- Eat everything in sight and enjoy the array of impressive street performers in Covent Garden
London Eye & River Cruise(extra cost)
If you’re going to see London, see it properly: from air and sea. Fly high on the London Eye: Europe’s tallest Ferris wheel, providing panoramic views of all the iconic landmarks, including The Shard, The Gherkin & The Banana (okay, maybe we made that last one up). Afterwards, sail down the River Thames with tea & crumpets. Take in the local flavours & colours, and realize that you love London so much you’ve started spelling words the British way.
Why wait? Save money by booking this optional excursion before your trip departs.
Day 7: Free Day in London
The world is your Oyster Card! Your metro pass is included, so enjoy a full free day to explore London.
Free Time Suggestions
- Marvel at the Crown Jewels, see what was once the Royal Menagerie and learn about the darker history that took place in the Tower of London
- Test your fear of heights at the Tower Bridge glass walkway
- Harry Potter fans: Take a selfie at Platform 9 ¾ in King's Cross station
Share some last laughs (and maybe shed a few tears) at an included farewell dinner with the group.
Day 8: Fly Home
Your next destination awaits—home. Before you head to the airport, enjoy your last few moments together. Take one more group photo. Grab that final drink. (Fine, maybe a couple of drinks.) But this isn’t goodbye. It’s “See you later.” The only question is, where?
EXTEND YOUR TRIP 2 WAYS
1. Double the fun
A lot of our trips line up back to back! Give us a call—we can help you add another and save big while you're at it.
2. Go ahead or stay behind
Extending your trip is easy! During checkout, you'll have the option to fly to (or from) the gateway of your choice for an additional fee. We'll adjust your flights accordingly, but you'll be responsible to take care of your transportation, hotels, and other logistics outside of tour.
Note: Depending on your desired gateways, additional fees may apply.
No reviews (yet) for this awesome trip