Celebrate New Year’s in London! Escape across the pond to Dublin and London for a pint-sized getaway. Taste the difference of a perfectly poured Guinness, wave hello to the Queen in Buckingham Palace and go from pubs to clubs to experience some of Europe’s most raved-about nightlife. This week in Dublin and London will ignite your wanderlust and leave you wanting more.
What are the top highlights?
- Count down to midnight in London
- Pour the perfect pint of Guinness while overlooking Dublin’s skyline
- Make friends with locals and enjoy live music in Ireland’s pub scene
- Sample Dublin's centuries of rich contributions to the arts
- Meet Ben and Abbey in London, AKA Big Ben and Westminster Abbey
- Go for high tea before catching the Changing the Guard at Buckingham Palace
- Experience the nightlife of Piccadilly Circus, London’s Times Square
Your trip includes
- Round-trip flights & airport transfers
- Tour Director & local guides
- Private deluxe motorcoach
- Flight from London to Dublin
- 6 nights in hand-picked accommodations
- Welcome Mixer with appetizers & drinks
- Daily breakfast & three-course Farewell Dinner
- Metro pass in London
- Entrance to the Guinness Storehouse, St. Patrick's Cathedral & other select attractions
You’ll stay at accommodations hand-picked by our team of local experts, in rooms only for EF Ultimate Break travelers. Each property is located in a safe, convenient area. You’ll receive your exact accommodations 30 days before your trip departs.
Click **here **for examples of where you'll stay.
Admit it, booking flights is the worst. Here's why you should let us do it for you:
- Flight costs are included in your monthly payment plan, so you can pay over time
- Airport transfers are included, so we’ll be waiting, sign in hand
- Flights are booked with major airlines
- 24/7 support no matter what time zone you’re in
- One checked bag included on most flights
- Option to make changes to your trip up to 99 days before departure
Booking with a friend? Let us know and we’ll do our best to make sure you’re on the same flight. Still want to book your own flights? That’s cool, simply select ‘No flights included’ instead of your departure city in the ‘Flights from’ dropdown.
Day 1: Overnight Flight
Board your overnight flight bound for London. Your adventure begins tomorrow, so sit back, shut your eyes, and do as the English do and try and catch some “zeds.”
Day 2: Arrive in London
Welcome to London. Home of the Queen, tea, a wonderfully different form of the English language, and the largest city in Western Europe. Brimming with history and unique architecture, you’ll soon understand why it’s one of the most visited cities in the world.
- Land at the airport and meet a waiting EF representative.
- Transfer to your hotel to check in and check out your room.
- Get familiar with the area around your hotel with an introductory walk with your Tour Director including the River Thames, Trafalgar & Leicester Squares, and Convent Garden.
In the evening, it’s time for your Welcome Mixer. Enjoy some appetizers over drinks with fellow travelers at an authentic local spot. Then it’s on to wherever your new friends and the party takes you.
Day 3: Sightseeing Tour of London + New Year’s Eve Celebration
Go big and go British today as a local guide takes you all around town for the inside scoop on London’s iconic palaces, churches, castles, and yes, even a big old clock.
- Dive into thousands of years of London’s secrets with a local guide.
- Immerse yourself in London’s rich history at gorgeous landmarks from the Tower of London and St. Paul’s Cathedral to Westminster Abbey and the Houses of Parliament.
- Experience a royal ritual during the changing of the guards at Buckingham Palace.
- Wave hello to Big Ben, the bell inside the famous clock tower. Though it’s under construction until 2021, rest assured that Ben says hello from behind the scaffolding.
- Join forces with other Ultimate Break groups in the area, and count down to New Year's in style—with dinner, drinks, and a toast at midnight—in a private venue. Stay late, or head out on the town for more fun and fireworks.
Free Time Suggestions
Abbey Road: Want to walk in the literal footsteps of greatness? Head over to this famous thoroughfare and make your way to its southeastern end. There you’ll find the studio where the Beatles recorded their final studio album and the crosswalk they made famous with its cover.
Harrods: You don’t have to buy a ticket to get into the world’s most famous department store, but once you’re inside, all bets are off. At over a million square feet with 330 departments, its motto of “all things for all people, everywhere” makes complete sense.
Day 4: Free Day in London + Optional London Eye & River Cruise
Use this free day to check off anything you may have missed in one of the world’s greatest cities. Dive in and act like you belong with some local slang, try some famous fare (looking at you, fish and chips), and explore until you’re too knackered (tired) to continue.
Free Time Suggestions
The British Museum: Discover over 2 million years of human history at this free museum. With over 8 million objects and counting, it is one of the largest and most comprehensive collections in existence—so don’t expect to see it all.
Westminster Abbey: This historic, royal church is the traditional place of coronation and burial for British monarchs. The Gothic façade leads to a gorgeous array of paintings, stained glass, and artifacts. Get yourself a ticket and you’ll be treated to more than just a house of worship.
London Eye & River Cruise(extra cost)
If you’re going to see London, see it properly: from air and sea. Fly high on the London Eye: Europe’s tallest Ferris wheel, providing panoramic views of all the iconic landmarks, including The Shard, The Gherkin & The Banana (okay, maybe we made that last one up). Afterwards, sail down the River Thames with tea & crumpets. Take in the local flavours & colours, and realize that you love London so much you’ve started spelling words the British way.
Why wait? Save money by booking this optional excursion before your trip departs.
Day 5: Travel to Dublin + Sightseeing
Next stop: Dublin, the capital of Ireland! Today, see the best it has to offer with a local guide on a tour of the city. In the afternoon, tour the Guinness Brewery and order a “pint of Gat” (that’s how the cool kids order a Guinness).
- Board a short morning flight from London to Dublin.
- Enter St. Patrick’s Cathedral, the 800-year-old church named after the famous saint.
- Pass by Trinity College, one of the world’s oldest and most prestigious universities, home to the storied library that inspired Hogwarts’ own.
- Sample Dublin’s natural beauty and urban escape at Phoenix Park—the largest park in Europe.
- Tour the pint-glass shaped Guinness Storehouse, learn how the famous stout became Ireland’s favorite beer, then enjoy an included one on the house.
Day 6: Free Day in Dublin + Optional Glendalough Day Trip
Today is all about exploring. You’re free to take on Dublin your way. People-watch in a pub, chase history around the city’s many remaining landmarks of the past, or hit any sights that caught your eye yesterday.
Free Time Suggestions
Book of Kells: Head back to Trinity College for a chance to see the Book of Kells—a pristine 1,200-year old illustrated collection of biblical stories—up-close.
Jameson Distillery: Sick of stout? Switch things up in favor of the strong stuff with a guided tour and whiskey tasting at the Jameson Distillery Bow St.
Glendalough Day Trip(extra cost)
When it comes to Ireland’s rugged, yet breathtaking countryside, nothing quite compares to Glendalough. The word translates to “the valley of the two lakes”, and in the sixth century, St. Kevin founded a monastery on this very spot. Today, you’ll visit the remains of this historic site and do your best to imagine yourself as a sixth century church-goer. Nerd out at the museum before heading out to gawk at the famous Round Tower, believed to be one of the most beautiful structures in Ireland.
Day 7: Free Day in Dublin + Farewell Dinner
Raise your glass, here’s to one more rowdy day on the Emerald Isle. We know you’ll make it count. Before heading out today, take a moment to reflect on all the Guinness, hearty food, and craic you’ve had in Dublin. Ready? Go make some memories!
Free Time Suggestions
Irish Breakfast: Go full Irish with a traditional breakfast of bacon, sausages, baked beans, eggs, mushrooms, grilled tomatoes, potatoes, and toast (yeah, that’s one meal).
Kilmainham Gaol: Stroll the cell blocks of this former-prison-turned-museum that once held Ireland’s most famous revolutionaries and political prisoners.
Share some last laughs and revisit the best moments of the trip at this included farewell dinner with the group.
Day 8: Fly Home
Slán libh, a cháirde!
Translation: Goodbye, friends! Your next destination awaits—home. Before you head to the airport, make sure to take one more group photo and grab that final drink. But this isn’t goodbye because you can always get the gang back together for another trip soon. Or if you’re feeling adventurous, we have a couple ways to keep your vacation going.
EXTEND YOUR TRIP 2 WAYS
1. Double the fun
Many of our trips line up back to back. Give us a call and we’ll help you add another destination—and save big while you’re at it.
2. Go ahead or stay behind
Extending your trip is easy. During checkout, you’ll have the option to fly to (or from) the gateway of your choice for a $30 fee. We’ll adjust your flights accordingly, but you’ll be responsible to take care of your transportation, hotels, and other logistics outside the tour.
Note: Depending on your desired gateways, additional fees may apply.