Munich's world-famous Oktoberfest attracts travelers from all over the world who love good food, tasty beer and an epic party. You'll also experience Munich's rich history, including a visit to Neuschwanstein Castle and Hofbrauhaus.
What are the top highlights?
- Partake in the biggest party in the world: Oktoberfest
- Live like a local and wear traditional lederhosen and dirndls
- Visit Neuschwanstein, the majestic hilltop castle that inspired the Disney icon
- Taste hearty Bavarian food and wash it down with a stein (or three)
- Step into some of the most famous beer halls in the world
- Travel to Salzburg, Austria, birthplace of Mozart and setting for The Sound of Music
Your trip includes
- Round-trip flights & airport transfers
- Multilingual Tour Director & local guides
- Private deluxe motorcoach
- 5 nights in hand-picked accommodations
- Welcome Mixer with appetizers & drinks
- Daily breakfast & three-course Farewell Dinner
- Metro pass in Munich
- Reservation to Oktoberfest tent
- Entrance to Neuschwanstein Castle
You’ll stay at accommodations hand-picked by our team of local experts, in rooms only for EF Ultimate Break travelers. Each property is located in a safe, convenient area. You’ll receive your exact accommodations 30 days before your trip departs.
Click **here **for examples of where you'll stay.
Admit it, booking flights is the worst. Here's why you should let us do it for you:
- Flight costs are included in your monthly payment plan, so you can pay over time
- Airport transfers are included, so we’ll be waiting, sign in hand
- Flights are booked with major airlines
- 24/7 support no matter what time zone you’re in
- One checked bag included on most flights
- Option to make changes to your trip up to 99 days before departure
Booking with a friend? Let us know and we’ll do our best to make sure you’re on the same flight. Still want to book your own flights? That’s cool, simply select ‘No flights included’ instead of your departure city in the ‘Flights from’ dropdown.
Day 1: Overnight Flight
Board your flight bound for Germany! Get the dirndl and lederhosen ready so you can dance on picnic tables and Prost your way through Europe’s biggest party.
Day 2: Arrive in Munich
Welcome to Munich, home of the world-famous Oktoberfest. The city will be alive with people visiting from the world over to drink famous beer and have a good time. Munich is also the capital of Germany’s Bavaria region, and it still has strong ties to its folkloric traditions (you’ll definitely see some lederhosen). While it maintains its old European charm, the city has a cosmopolitan vibe as well, with a great music scene, cool art museums and BMW’s world headquarters.
Get to know your fellow travelers at an authentic local spot over some drinks and light appetizers.
Day 3: Sightseeing Tour of Munich (Local Guide)
Dive into Munich with a tour of the city’s top spots that will help you get your bearings. You’ll see the Frauenkirche, a gothic-style church and one of Munich’s most identifiable landmarks. Wander through Marienplatz, Munich’s central square and transportation hub. No trip to Germany would be complete without a trip to Hofbrauhaus, the world-famous brewery. Be careful not to fill up on beer here, because next stop is the Oktoberfest tents!
Pull out your lederhosen and get ready for one of Europe’s biggest parties. Join thousands of people from all over the world to celebrate Munich’s Oktoberfest. You’ll have special admission to one of the Oktoberfest tents, where you’ll have the chance to try some traditional Bavarian food, enjoy the entertainment, and most importantly, drink steins of the world’s best beer.
Day 4: Free Day in Munich or Explore Salzburg
It's time for a day trip to Salzburg, the city known for Mozart, The Sound of Music, and a big ‘ol fortress that sits high above the city.
- Orient yourself to Salzburg with a walking tour of the city with a local guide.
- Harness your inner Ron Weasley as you move giant chess pieces around in Kapitelplatz (Chapter Square).
- Dip your head into the fountain at Resedenzplatz Square to find out if it’s a fountain of youth. Never hurts to check, right?
- Visit the Mozart Residence and discover what made this guy the Elvis Presley of his time (and beyond).
Salzburg Excursion(extra cost)
Connect with your inner musician with a trip to Salzburg, the city known for Mozart and “The Sound of Music.” Not to mention, a big ol’ fortress that sits high above the city. On this excursion you’ll get an in-depth history lesson from a local guide, the chance to harness your inner Ron Weasley as you move giant chess pieces in Kapitelplatz (Chapter Square), and Visit Mozart’s residence and discover what made him the Elvis of his time.
Why wait? Save money by booking this optional excursion before your trip departs.
Day 5: Oktoberfest
One day at Oktoberfest is not enough. Head back today for another afternoon of brews, bratwurst and good old-fashioned Bavarian fun.
Day 6: Neuschwanstein Castle
Visit the beautiful Neuschwanstein Castle perched in the foothills of the Alps. The architecture was the model for Disney’s Sleeping Beauty Castle and was also home to one of the weirdest kings in Europe’s history.
Enjoy one last dinner with your group and say your goodbyes.
Day 7: Fly Home
Auf Wiedersehen, Freunde!
Translation: Goodbye, friends. Your next destination awaits—home. Before you head to the airport, enjoy your last few moments together. Take one more group photo. Grab that final drink. (Fine, maybe a couple of drinks.) But this isn’t goodbye. It’s “See you later.” The only question is, where?
EXTEND YOUR TRIP 2 WAYS
1. Double the fun
A lot of our trips line up back to back! Give us a call—we can help you add another and save big while you're at it.
2. Go ahead or stay behind
Extending your trip is easy! During checkout, you'll have the option to fly to (or from) the gateway of your choice for an additional fee. We'll adjust your flights accordingly, but you'll be responsible to take care of your transportation, hotels, and other logistics outside of tour.
Note: Depending on your desired gateways, additional fees may apply.