Paris & The Riviera10 Days • 2 Cities Paris & The Riviera
Step into your favorite rom-com and enjoy all things art, love, and beauty. Not even running through the airport to profess your love to someone will top the feeling you’ll get watching the sunset off the coast of Southern France, or admiring art in a Parisian museum. Sample escargot (fancy word for snails) in Paris by candlelight, roll with the big shots in the tiny yet impressive city of Monaco, and dance the nights away in the clubs of the French Riviera. Falling head over heels for France yet? Surprise: it loves you right back. Wash it all down with a glass of French rosé. This is Paris & The Riviera.
In a fraternity or sorority? Become a Greek Leader & travel for free. Learn more>
What are the top highlights?
- Watch the Eiffel Tower sparkle at night with a glass (or box) of wine in the Champ de Mars
- Hear the bells toll in the Notre Dame Cathedral
- Gaze upon the French Riviera’s landscapes and sunsets that inspired artists like Monet and Picasso
- Smell like success in Grasse, the perfume capital of France
- Sip rosé like it’s your job during a tasting in the French Riviera
- Snorkel off the coast of Sainte-Marguerite Island and say hi to some fish…which probably just means blowing bubbles
- Lounge on the beaches of the Mediterranean Sea and try to imagine a place more beautiful. Hint: you can’t
Your trip includes
- Round-trip flights & airport transfers
- Multilingual Tour Director & local guides
- Private deluxe motorcoach
- 8 nights in hand-picked accommodations
- Welcome Mixer with appetizers & drinks
- Daily breakfast & three-course Farewell Dinner
- Metro passes in each city
- Entrance to select attractions
You’ll stay at accommodations hand-picked by our team of local experts, in rooms only for EF Ultimate Break travelers. Each property is located in a safe, convenient area. You’ll receive your exact accommodations 30 days before your trip departs.
Click here for examples of where you'll stay.
Admit it, booking flights is the worst. Here's why you should let us do it for you:
- Flight costs are included in your monthly payment plan, so you can pay over time
- Airport transfers are included, so we’ll be waiting, sign in hand
- Flights are booked with major airlines
- 24/7 support no matter what time zone you’re in
- One checked bag included on most flights
- Option to make changes to your trip up to 99 days before departure
Booking with a friend? Let us know and we’ll do our best to make sure you’re on the same flight. Still want to book your own flights? That’s cool, simply select ‘No flights included’ instead of your departure city in the ‘Flights from’ dropdown.
Day 1: Overnight Flight
Board your overnight flight, bound for Paris. This one of a kind city awaits, as does its rich culture, Instagram-worthy landmarks, and mouth-watering cuisine. Dream of macarons and champagne, and try not to drool on your neck pillow.
Day 2: Arrive in Paris
Welcome to Paris! Home to over 1,800 monuments, 450 parks and gardens, 170 museums, and more delicious crepes than your taste buds can handle. This iconic, romantic city is begging to be explored.
- Meet an EF representative at the airport.
- Transfer to your accommodation and check in.
- Receive the latest schedule from your Tour Director.
- Meet your fellow travelers as they arrive
In the evening, it’s time for our Welcome Mixer. Enjoy appetizers and drinks with fellow travelers at an authentic local spot. Afterwards, take the party elsewhere.
Day 3: Sightseeing Tour of Paris
Explore the city of love, light, and haute couture with a local guide. If you come across a Statue of Liberty, don’t be alarmed—the champagne hasn’t gone to your head, Paris is actually home to multiple replicas, one of which faces her sister from another mister that stands in New York.
- Get the inside scoop on Parisian culture and try to understand why this high-end, fashion forward city likes to snack on snails.
- Make the city your runway as you strut down a couple of the 6,100 streets, and hit up some well-known areas like Bastille, Montmarte, and Parc de Belleville.
- Stand in awe of the Arc de Triomphe, which stands in honor of those who fought in the French Revolution.
- Work your angles, and snap an obligatory picture with your finger atop the Louvre’s pyramid point.
Free Time Suggestions
Fall in Louvre: Paris is home to some of the world’s most incredible art collections. Admire the Venus de Milo at the Louvre or check out modern art and the insides of a clock tower at Musee d’Orsay.
C'est Magnifique!: Head to Montmartre, a neighborhood filled with street art, incredible views overlooking the city, and the famous Sacré Cœur Cathedral. Home to, and inspiration for artists like Picasso, van Gogh, Matisse, Dali, and Monet, this is the perfect place to take a stroll and admire a more authentic side of Paris.
Day 4: Free Day in Paris
What’s better than a free day in Paris? Trick question: Nothing. Put your navigational skills to the test and make your way to some of the city’s best-known sites. Or, put your sense of smell to the test and follow your nose to the nearest bakery. Then, get into a royal state of mind on an optional excursion to Versailles, and ask the Hall of Mirrors who is the fairest of them all (it’s you, duh).
- Wander the romantic streets carrying a giant baguette, because you can.
- Stroll across the oldest bridge in Paris, Pont Neuf, which translates to “New Bridge,” because sometimes life doesn’t make sense.
- Visit the Père-Lachaise, a cemetery where iconic celebrities including Chopin, Jim Morrison, and Oscar Wilde are buried.
Free Time Suggestions
Learn Latin: Explore the Latin Quarter of Paris to get a feel for Paris’s bohemian culture and lively nightlife atmosphere.
Go green: Kick back in Jardin du Luxemboug, a garden in the 6th arrondissement of Paris, and breathe in the lush flowers and historic statues. Well, don't breathe in the statues. Those are for looking at.
Spend the afternoon at the over-the-top palace of Louis XIV. Not far from Paris, this is where French royalty reveled in their extravagant lifestyle in the decades before the Revolution. At one point, a thousand nobles were attended by 4,000 servants inside the palace, while 15,000 soldiers and servants lived in the annexes. Walk through the landscaped gardens, tour the State Apartments of the King and the Queen, and see the Hall of Mirrors.
Why wait? Save money by booking this optional excursion before your trip departs.
Day 5: Enjoy a Free Day in Paris
Enjoy a full day exploring Paris on your own. Wander through art museums, try new foods like coq au vin (AKA chicken), or grab a baguette and a bottle of wine for a picnic at the Champ de Mars. Oh, Paris. How we love you.
- Relax on an open terrace, espresso in one hand and a croissant in the other. Yeah, this is the life.
- Stand in awe among famous sites like Palais-Royal Gardens and Musee Rodin, and then realize your mouth’s been open for the last 15 minutes.
- Visit Emmanuel, one of the ten massive bells hanging inside Notre Dame Cathedral.
- Shop along the rue Saint-Honoré and feel like one of the world’s rich and famous, who you should keep an eye out for in this area, by the way.
Free Time Suggestions
Go Subterranean: Catch up with Parisian ancestors in The Catacombs of Paris. Thanks to overflowing cemeteries in the late 1700s, the city’s dead were transferred to these dark, underground crypts. Sounds haunting, doesn’t it? To avoid lines, purchase your ticket ahead of time. The 45-minute tour is also closed on Mondays and certain holidays.
Edit Sober: Visit the café haunts of literary giants like Ernest Hemingway, James Joyce, and many others. Grab a coffee and a journal and you’ll fit right in.
Day 6: Travel to the French Riviera
Leave the big city of Paris behind for the French Riviera, stomping grounds of the rich and famous for centuries, and now you. Get ready to feel closer than ever to Elton John, Bono, and Bill Gates, just to name a few of the celebs with homes in the French Riviera. Hint: when you see the Mediterranean, you’ve made it.
- Hop on a train, bound for Southern France.
- Say “Bonjour” to the French Riviera, and settle into your accommodation.
- Dive into the culture and beauty of the Riviera during a Tour Director led sightseeing tour of the area, including a stop at the historic Old Town and lush Flower Market.
- Spend the evening basking in the luxury and scenery of the French Riviera.
Day 7: Free Day + Optional French Food Tour
Sleep in, slow down, and do whatever you want during a free day in the French Riviera. There’s so much to see and do, but if you’re tired of seeing and doing, take a break and relax at one of the many beaches or take in the scenery from a hill town. Check another country off your list tonight—Monaco, the world’s second-smallest, but possibly swankiest, nation.
- Explore posh boutiques, and feel like an A-Lister (kind of), because you’re in the vacation hotspot of the world’s rich and famous.
- Taste-test some local favorites, including socca, the South of France’s take on the traditional crepe, made with chickpea flour. Step aside, Parisian pastries!
- Channel your inner Picasso and visit a few esteemed art museums and demonstrations—you’re in the former stomping grounds of many influential artists..
- Play millionaire at a stop in Monaco, where millionaires and billionaires come together in harmony to throw money at mega-yachts.
French Food Tour(extra cost)
What’s nicer than nice? A food tour of Nice, France, that’s what. Eat your way through this Mediterranean melting pot and find out that French cuisine is a lot more diverse than crepes and croque monsieurs. Nosh like a true Niçois on a food crawl to nearly a dozen authentic hidden gems, feasting on treats like savory chickpea pancakes, stuffed peppers, and—oh yeah—plenty of wine.
Why wait? Save money by booking this optional excursion before your trip departs.
Day 8: Rose Tasting + Perfumerie in Grasse
Prepare to feel fancy, because today is about the finer things in life. Namely, French rosé, luxurious perfumes, and stunning sunsets over the French Riviera. Can you say ooh la la?
- Say “cheers!” and get into the #roséallday mentality during a tasting of authentic French rosé.
- Visit Musee du Parfum Fragonard, a place that smells as exquisite as it sounds.
- Enjoy lunch in Grasse, the perfume capital of France and (most likely) home to the best-smelling people in the country.
- Explore St-Paul-de-Venc, a medieval commune in the Alpes-Maritimes. Enjoy a hilltop sunset to round out a quintessential French experience.
Day 9: Free Day in French Riviera + Farewell Dinner
Spend one last day in the French Riviera doing as you please. By now, you’ve probably realized why the Riviera is nicknamed the Azure Coast. If not, head to the beach and splash around the dazzling blue water to find out. Actually, you should probably do that either way. Then, enjoy a farewell dinner with your group.
- Lounge on world famous beaches to feel the fresh ocean breeze and work on that tan. Floppy hats and giant sunglasses are encouraged, but not required.
- Enjoy waterfront restaurants that overlook the Mediterranean Sea and treat yo’self to some South of France classics, like bouillabaisse and tapenade.
- Pick up any last minute souvenirs at the various boutiques and shops, including one for yourself (duh).
- Raise a glass to an incredible adventure at the farewell dinner.
Share some last laughs (and maybe shed a few tears) at an included farewell dinner with the group.
Day 10: Fly Home
Au revoir, les amis!
Translation: Goodbye, friends. Your next destination awaits—home. Before you head to the airport, enjoy your last few moments together. Take one more group photo. Grab that final drink. (Fine, maybe a couple of drinks.) But this isn’t goodbye. It’s “See you later.” The only question is, where?
EXTEND YOUR TRIP 2 WAYS
1. Double the fun
A lot of our trips line up back to back! Give us a call—we can help you add another and save big while you're at it.
2. Go ahead or stay behind
Extending your trip is easy! During checkout, you'll have the option to fly to (or from) the gateway of your choice for an additional fee. We'll adjust your flights accordingly, but you'll be responsible to take care of your transportation, hotels, and other logistics outside of tour.
Note: Depending on your desired gateways, additional fees may apply.
No reviews (yet) for this awesome trip