Venice, Florence, and Rome: Ultimate Plus10 Days • 3 Cities Venice, Florence, and Rome: Ultimate Plus
Exclusive Semi-Annual Sale deal: $200 off ends 8/1
Enchantment awaits as you drift through canals of Venice, taste the flavors of Tuscany and follow in the footsteps of ancients in Rome. This is a classic Italian adventure for all the senses.
In a fraternity or sorority? Become a Greek Leader & travel for free. Learn More>
What are the top highlights?
- See three of Italy’s most popular destinations, along with two bonus cities
- Head to seaside Cinque Terre for the best Instagrams and a quick swim
- Step into the Renaissance in Florence
- Indulge in Italian food and wine while taking in the Tuscan countryside
- Visit a guy named David and witness the Birth of Venus in Florence
Your trip includes
- Round-trip flights & airport transfers
- Multilingual Tour Director & local guides
- Private deluxe motorcoach
- 8 nights in hand-picked accommodations
- Welcome Dinner with food & drinks
- Daily breakfast & three-course Farewell Dinner
- Metro passes in each major city
- Authentic local dinner in Florence
- Entrance to select attractions
You’ve selected an UltimatePlus departure. Nice choice! You’ll be staying at 3-4-star hotels throughout your trip. Each property is located in a safe and convenient area to ensure a comfortable stay, in rooms that are only for EF Ultimate Break travelers. Actual accommodations will be made available to you 30 days before your trip.
Looking for our standard accommodations? Choose a departure date without the diamond icon, and you’ll stay at a combination of boutique hostels and hotels.
Admit it, booking flights is the worst. Here's why you should let us do it for you:
- Flight costs are included in your monthly payment plan, so you can pay over time
- Airport transfers are included, so we’ll be waiting, sign in hand
- Flights are booked with major airlines
- 24/7 support no matter what time zone you’re in
- One checked bag included on most flights
- Option to make changes to your trip up to 99 days before departure
Booking with a friend? Let us know and we’ll do our best to make sure you’re on the same flight. Still want to book your own flights? That’s cool, simply select ‘No flights included’ instead of your departure city in the ‘Flights from’ dropdown.
Day 1: Overnight Flight
Board your overnight flight, bound for Italy. Remember the freshman 15 college myth? Well, it might hit you in Italy. Pizza, Pasta, Gelato, Cannoli’s, Limoncello. Welcome to food paradise.
Day 2: Arrive in Venice + Welcome Dinner
Welcome to Venice! Situated on 118 islands, intersected by 175 canals and spanned by more than 400 bridges, this city has had more praise showered upon it from travelers, writers and artists than any other city in the world.
- Arrive at the airport—your Tour Director will be waiting to show you how to get around the city
- Venture into Venice proper or see the area surrounding your accommodation
In the evening, it’s time for your Welcome Dinner. Enjoy food and drinks with fellow travelers at an authentic local spot. Afterwards, take the party elsewhere.
Day 3: Tour Venice
Head to St. Mark’s Square to begin your sightseeing with a local guide.
- Enter St. Mark’s Basilica and bask in the mosaics inlaid in the golden ceiling
- See several historic churches and amble through picture-perfect piazzas
- Follow the winding Grand Canal through the heart of Venice
- See the historic Rialto bridge, the oldest in the city
After your sightseeing, you have the afternoon free!
Day 4: Travel to Florence via Bologna
Board your private coach; you’re heading to Florence, the crown jewel of the Italian Renaissance!
- Kick it old school at the University of Bologna, the oldest university in the world, dating back to 1088.
- Stop yourself before you order Spaghetti Bolognese—they call it Tagliatelle al ragu here.
- Arrive in Florence and enjoy an included dinner at a local spot.
Day 5: Tour Florence
Join a local guide for a walking tour of Florence, the compact capital of Tuscany known for its famous Renaissance artwork.
- Cross the Ponte Vecchio, the oldest bridge in Florence, home to many of Florence’s jewelers and art merchants.
- Stroll the Piazza della Signoria, home to the Uffizi Gallery and Michelangelo’s David
- Visit the Duomo Cathedral. Return during your free time and challenge yourself to climb the 463 steps to the top for stunning views of the city
Day 6: Free Day in Florence + Optional Activities
Enjoy a full free day in Florence to explore on your own or join an optional excursion.
- Get in touch with your artsy side at the Uffizi museum. The Medici Family’s art collection makes up one of the best art museums in the world.
- Stop and smell the flowers in the Boboli gardens, and keep an eye out for 16th century sculptures (you can stop and smell those, too, but it might attract strange looks).
- Snap the perfect picture of Florence’s skyline after hiking up to San Miniato al Monte. Then reward yourself with some gelato.
- Shop till you drop; the area between Ponte Vecchio and the Duomo is our favorite.
Italian Riviera & Cinque Terre(extra cost)
Note: This excursion is seasonal and only runs from May through September. Availability is subject to your tour’s departure date.
Wake up and head for the coast on your way to Cinque Terre (Italian for “Five Lands”). There you’ll find yourself looking at some of the most beautiful coastal scenery you’ve ever laid eyes on. Discover villages nestled into the sides of mountains as you travel by train between them. Your fist stop is Riomaggio, home to the famous Via dell’Amore, or “path of love.” Next up is Vernazza, where you’ll get some of the iconic views of the colorful seaside buildings that Cinque Terre is known for. Then, spend the rest of your day enjoying the pebble beaches of Monterosso before heading back to Florence.
Why wait? Save money by booking this optional excursion before your trip departs.
Tuscan Wine Tasting(extra cost)
Note: This excursion is seasonal and only runs from October through April. Availability is subject to your tour’s departure date.
Some of the world’s best wines come from Tuscany, and now you get to sample the local product at a scenic winery. Who knows, you might even become a connoisseur. Next head to the town of San Gimignano, aptly known as the “City of Beautiful Towers.” The small medieval walled city is not only a UNESCO World Heritage Site, it’s also home to Gelateria di Piazza, named one of Lonely Planet’s top 10 best food hot spots in the world. That’s some tasty gelato.
Why wait? Save money by booking this optional excursion before your trip departs.
Day 7: Travel to Rome via Orvieto
Board your private coach, bound for Rome via Orvieto.
- On the way to Rome, stop in Orvieto, a quaint Italian hill town perched atop a rock cliff
- Marvel at the artistry of the facade of Orvieto’s stunning cathedral
- Look out at the cypress-dotted plains of Umbria
- Benvenuti a Roma!
Day 8: Explore Rome
Skip the line and go back in time with a tour of the Colosseum. Then, do as the Romans do and learn how to make authentic pasta by hand.
- Experience the heart of ancient Rome with a visit to the Colosseum
- Stand where gladiators battled to the death in mortal combat
- See the ruins of ancient Rome
Day 9: Free Day in Rome + Vatican City (Optional)
Today you get to explore centuries worth of culinary perfection, unbelievable architecture, and local fashion on your own. And let it be said, Rome looks goooood for being 2,000 years old. (It must moisturize.) Shop, eat, drink, and talk like an Italian (with your hands) during your free day. Embrace the culture and indulge in carbs during your last day in the Eternal City. Plus, if you're up for it, join an optional excursion to the Vatican.
- Explore the bustling streets and famous sights while enjoying a cone of gelato.
- Take your carb overload one step further—by making your own pasta (Taste of Italy Excursion).
- Soak in the history by exploring ancient ruins.
- Act like a fashonista on Via del Corso, the main street in historical center of Rome lined with brand names and local eateries.
Free Time Suggestions
Trevi Fountain: Rumor has it, if turn your back to the Trevi Fountain and toss a coin over your shoulder, it guarantees you’ll return to the Eternal City. Throw in a second coin, and you’ll not only come back, but also find love. (Significant other not guaranteed by EF Ultimate Break.)
Shopping on Vide del Corso: Walk down the longest pedestrian street in the city for some prime shopping. Populated by both locals and tourists, there’s room for everyone on the narrow store-filled street.
Share some last laughs (and maybe shed a few tears) at an included farewell dinner with the group.
A Visit to the Vatican(extra cost)
Hey MTV Cribs, welcome to the Pope’s house: Vatican City. Skip all the lines (you’re welcome) and take a guided tour of the Vatican Museum and get your Intro to Art History up close and personal. Make like Michelangelo and crane your neck in the Sistine Chapel to get a glimpse of the single most famous painting of two fingers touching ever made. Let the neck craning continue as you tour St. Peter’s Basilica and gawk at its iconic dome. A great excuse to go to church, and an even better excuse to make a massage appointment when you get home.
Please note: This excursion must be booked at least 60 days prior to tour departure.
Day 10: Fly Home
Translation: Goodbye, friends. Your next destination awaits—home. Before you head to the airport, enjoy your last few moments together. Take one more group photo. Grab that final drink. (Fine, maybe a couple of drinks.) But this isn’t goodbye. It’s “See you later.” The only question is, where?
EXTEND YOUR TRIP 2 WAYS
1. Double the fun
A lot of our trips line up back to back! Give us a call—we can help you add another and save big while you're at it.
2. Go ahead or stay behind
Extending your trip is easy! During checkout, you'll have the option to fly to (or from) the gateway of your choice for an additional fee. We'll adjust your flights accordingly, but you'll be responsible to take care of your transportation, hotels, and other logistics outside of tour.
Note: Depending on your desired gateways, additional fees may apply.
No reviews (yet) for this awesome trip